top of page
  • Winnipeg Tribune

Firefighters quickly extinguish house fire in Westwood


Firefighters quickly extinguish house fire in Westwood
Winnipeg Firefighters file photo

By: Staff Writer I Winnipeg Tribune


Winnipeg, February 24, 2024 - The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to a blaze engulfing a single-family bi-level home on Galinee Bay.shortly after midnight today.


Upon arrival at the Westwood home, firefighters encountered billowing smoke and fierce flames emanating from the residence. The fire was successfully subdued by 1:17 a.m.


All occupants managed to evacuate the premises unscathedand no injuries were reported among residents or emergency responders.


Preliminary investigations conducted by the WFPS indicate that the fire was accidental in nature, stemming from overheated electrical equipment within the household.

Comments


bottom of page